Halloween is our favorite time of the year


Happy Halloween from me and my wonderful kiddos here at Abby's TuTu Factory. If you have followed my blog for the past few years, you will know how much I just love this time of year, from the costumes to the food to the crisp fall air. Now that I have a new addition to our beautiful family that means one more fabulous costume to come up with every year. This year we have the Little Mermaid, Rapunzel and a terrifying Skeleton. I, of course, have to have homemade costumes, they are the best and last so much longer and are of better quality than the typical store bought costumes. I do have to admit, I did buy the skeleton costume. I just couldn't figure out how I was going to get the realistic bone look on the fabric.
    My kids and I are very blessed to know and have some pretty creative people in our lives. This year my super talented sister-in-law hand crocheted a mermaid costume for little Ella. When I went to go pick up the costume and try it on Ella, I got a little teary eyed. It was just too cute for words. Abby is my Rapunzel this year. I got most of my inspiration from my new love Pinterest.com. I found several t-shirt tutorials that I used and also a Rapunzel hair tutorial made out of yarn and , of course, she had to have a tutu for the skirt.
  A few weeks ago, a friend of mine, Haley with Haley J. photography took some fabulous photos of all three of my kiddos in their costumes. We found this creepy old house that made an awesome backdrop for our photos. Because Haley's business has been growing she has been so super busy, she let me put my editing skills to the test and edit my own photos which I was more than ecstatic to do. This was another skill that I have picked up from pinterest.com also. Boy, I am addicted!!!!!

Please go and "Like" both my lovelies facebooks and tell them Brittney from Abby's TuTu Factory sent you












Comments

Popular Posts