Lights, Camera, REALLY!!!!

Yep.....
This is what happens 90% of the time I take Ella's Photos.
This girl keeps me on my toes
It would be an awesome photo if I can only get Ella to look at the camera.
 I swear she refuses to look at me.



Ok !!
Onto what this post was suppose to be about LOL
I was just sitting here thinking that
I just cannot even believe it has been one year
since I have taken the photo of Ella Rose in her big red bow for Christmas.
 Lets do a little update.
You remember the blog post I did a year ago with the beautiful photo by
Lizvette Wreath
click on her name to go check out her facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/lizvettewreath


This photo inspired me to purchase my very first professional camera and lens. I saw this photo and how she set everything up and a light bulb went off. I can do this!!!
 But boy was I wrong. You cannot just purchase a camera and start shooting. There is so much into photography. So all year I have pinned,saved, you tubed, read, read, read everything I could find to help me improve my photos. The one important thing I have learned is PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.
I am still learning and have a lot to improve on but this journey has been so much fun
and looking forward to the next year.
This was the photo I took a year ago.
Not very good, but Ella was too cute in her bow
My settings a year ago
1/80  F3.2  ISO 1600

The ISO was way too high and I had quite a bit of noise in the photo above. 


Here is Ella Rose one year later
in her same big bow
Photo on the left 1/100 ISO 320 F2.8
Photo on the Right 1/100 ISO 400 F2.8


Here is my quick little set up
The only thing I regret is not having a big enough white rug so I could set Ella further away from the lights in the background

Comments

  1. Looks good! I just did some like these today and had the same issue you had. Not enough room in front of my backdrop. I think they still look great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see how yours turned out. I wish I had a bed with no head board so I could get further away and keep ella from running off. I think trying to keep her in one spot by myself was the most difficult

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find that wonderful bow?? I'd like to order a few

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I made the bow myself. I took two rectangle pieces of fabric, sewed them together. I took the same fabric, wrapped it around the center and hot glued it in place. Then I hot glued it to the headband

      Delete
  4. What kind of camera do you have? I have a Canon Rebel t3i and my F only goes down to 4.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts