Ella's Cupcake Kitchen: Before & After


This was a very special project for me.
This little child's kitchen was hand crafted by my great grandfather, Ella's great-great grandfather over 50 years ago for my mother when she was a small child.
I was so anxious and excited when I pulled this out of the attic at the farm house.
It was terribly beat up and had been infested with mice and all their poop. YUCK!
I sat on this project for quite a while before I even got started.
What direction and bold color did I want to use?
I knew I pretty much only had one chance at this because of the age and condition the kitchen was in.
My idea finally came to me when I found the inspirational cupcake fabric.
Ella has a favorite cupcake pan and cupcakes she loves playing with at her Poppy and Gigi's house. 
She plays with that toy for hours on end.

Steps:
Strip paint
sand smooth
Spray Paint { I used KRYLON Ocean Breeze}
Glass Knobs {Walmart}
Decoupage the fabric using mod podge { JoAnne's}
Fake Cupcakes {Hobby Lobby}
Pie Stand {made from Dollar Tree plate and spray painted candle stick}







Comments

Popular Posts