Ella Rose, our newest addition to our family





Ella Rose came into our lives on July 11, 2011 at 4:18 pm. She weighed in at 6 lbs 7 oz and was 19.5 inches long with a healthy set of lungs. 
Our day began with a normal doctor's check up early that morning. I told the doctor that I woke up, walked into the bathroom and noticed that my belly was an odd shape. The doctor checked my belly and the baby and could not feel the baby's head this week. She sent me on down to the hospital to have an x-ray taken to see what was going on. We found out that Baby Ella had turned breech on us the night before. Since I was so close to my due date, the doctor thought it was best to go ahead and deliver c-section. After a few tears thinking that I am going to miss out on a natural delivery, I decided to do the c-section knowing it was probably the safest way in the condition the baby and I was in. So we scheduled the c-section for 4 o'clock that afternoon.
The rest of the day seemed to go by pretty fast as we went home and waited for our time to arrive to go and check into the hospital. As we waited I started to get really anxious and nervous about the whole procedure. A sense of saddness fell over me as I was dreaming of the day I was going to deliver her naturally and get to hold her in my arms immediately. Once we arrived at the hospital the nervousness really set in as I started to shake when they put me in the bed and took my blood. I tried to keep saying over and over in my head that I will get to meet my beautiful baby really soon and this will be all worth it.
The procedure went pretty quick and the moment I heard baby Ella's first cry I could no longer hold the tears back. It was such a beautiful sound. Then the nurses brought her to me and I got to see my baby for the first time. I just knew at that moment I was so blessed and my heart was overflowing. She was BEAUTIFUL

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts